On April 29, 2012 (Sunday) 5:00 A.M at Forbes Park Village Pavilion, the Rotary Club of Forbes Park, together with the Forbes Park Association and Miss Earth Foundation Inc. in partnership with SONY Walkman presents THE FORBES PARK EARTH RUN 2012. This is an event that will stage health, wellness and environmental awareness to raise funds for its charity community services.
In the same intent as its first staging last year, this event aims to have one thousand health enthusiasts participating in a “Buddy” fun run in 3 categories: the 3K; 5K; and 10K runs. Fifty young ladies of Miss Philippines Earth 2012 candidates will be featured as runners and a video will be taken as a pre-pageant activity. Participants in the run will be amongst the seven Makati Village residents and guests.
Now, this is awesome for a few reasons!
FIRST, well it’s our second year and we’re opening it to the public! This year, aside from being able to register at the Forbes Park Pavillion, you can buy your race kits directly from the following GNC branches (yes, the means you don't need to come back to the store to get your race kits!):
- Glorietta IV (8176324)
- Greenbelt 1 (8930936)
- Rockwell Powerplant Mall (8971405)
- Rustan’s Shangri-La (0923-7293908)
- SM Megamall (6342703)
- The Podium (5708752)
- SM Mall of Asia (5560865)
- Alabang town Center (8507844)
- Trinoma (9013857)
- Greenhills Parklane (7264427)
- SM North Edsa (3767680)
- Robinsons Ermita (0923-7097407)
SECOND, This year you can avail of the following discounts!:
200php discount if you either:
- present a senior citizen's card
- present a valid student ID
- present your shirt from last year*
100php discount (can be applied on top of the 200php) when you present a GNC purchase receipt worth minimum 1000php!
*Those that will choose to avail of the 200php discount for the shirt cannot avail of the senior or student discount. They must pay in full upon registration and wear their shirt from last year on race day, where they will get a 200php refund. Runners who avail of this cannot claim a shirt from this year.
THIRD, we have really really great raffle prizes for grabs after the run!
1. Runners must be present to be eligible to win in the raffle.
2. Runners must drop the raffle stub on their race bibs into the fishbowls to participate in the raffle.
3. A team of runners may only win once, but they may have as many chances to win as there are members in their team.
Last and the BEST part and the part the organizers are most proud of. Proceeds from the run will be split amongst the chosen beneficiary. These are Gawad Kalinga; Wishes of Aids & Limbs for Kids (WALK), the Rotary Watch PNP free legal assistance and CommPassion Project in Mindanao.
For more information, visit our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/forbesparkearthrun
RUN GREEN, RUN FUN. JOIN THE FORBES PARK EARTH RUN!